Our Kakheti tour offers a day in one of the most beautiful regions in Georgia. The very best wines come from Kakheti. Almost three-quarters of the county's wine grapes are grown here. Archaological findings have suggested that wine has been produced here for several thousand years. Almost every village in Kaketi is well known for its own sort of wine, such as Kindzmarauli, Akhasheni, Teliani, Mukuzani. Wines are named after the places where they are produced.
Trip to Kakheti includes several tourist destination, such as Monastery of St. Nino in Bodbe, Sighnaghi – City of Love, House Museum of Georgian noble family in Tsinandali. On our way we will taste georgian bread called puri. Puri is traditionally baked in a deep circular clay oven called tone. During the harvest season, we will also visit one of the biggest wine factories in Khakheti, where you can taste and buy wine.
Excursion is accompanied with the guide in English and Russian, and provides best value for families, friends, couples and solo travellers.
We will visit:
- The Monastery of St. Nino in Bodbe - Originally was built in the 9th Century. It is one of the major pilgrimage sites in Georgia. Monastery holds the tomb of ST. Nino, the Cappadocian maiden who converted Georgian people to Chtistianity as early as 337 AD. It has a breathtaking view of the Alazani valley and snowcapped Caucasus mountains.
- Sighnaghi – City of Love. It is the prettiest town in Kaheti. Sighnagi orginally was developed in the 18th century by King Erekle II. The defensive walles and 28 towers were built by him against Lezgian invasion. The city has wonderful views over the Alazani valley to the Caucasus beyond. After walk we will have a traditional dinner with workshop, where you will learn how to cook traditional meals. You can also taste traditional candies,with grape juice – Churchkhela and Pelamushi.
- Tsinandali - was the estate of the Chavchavadze family- representetives of the19th century Georgian aristocracy. A walk through the beautiful English-style garden will take you to the house-museum of the famous poet and duke Alexander Chavchavadze. His family members were well-known politics, military leaders, poets and scientists. We will visit the prince’s wine cellar with unique collections of wines.
A few quick facts:
- Departing: daily
- Departure time: 09:30
- Meeting point: Citysightseeing Tbilisi Office
- Duration: Approx. 9 hours
- Tour does not include admission fee to the house-museum which is optional to visit
Tickets can be booked online with promotions - here or at our office (Meidan sq.)
We wish you a pleasant stay in Georgia. Thank you and enjoy your trip!