Our Kakheti tour offers a day in one of the most beautiful regions in Georgia. The very best wines come from Kakheti. Almost three-quarters of the county's wine grapes are grown here. Archaological findings have suggested that wine has been produced here for several thousand years. Almost every village in Kaketi is well known for its own sort of wine, such as Kindzmarauli, Akhasheni, Teliani, Mukuzani. Wines are named after the places where they are produced.
Trip to Kakheti includes several tourist destination, such as Monastery of St. Nino in Bodbe, Sighnaghi – City of Love. On our way we will taste georgian bread called puri. Puri is traditionally baked in a deep circular clay oven called tone. During the harvest season, we will also visit one of the biggest wine factories in Khakheti, where you can taste and buy wine.
Excursion is accompanied with the guide in English and Russian, and provides best value for families, friends, couples and solo travellers.
We will visit:
- Visiting the winery company includes the tasting of the best wines. Inspection of the winery equipped with the latest installations, as well as a wine cellar with more than 50,000 bottles of aged wine and will observe the process of wine spilling. Wine tasting for guests of our company for Free!
- Masster classes: baking Georgian bread for guests of our company for Free!
- Pirosmanashvili Museum- If you have heard the sad story of world famous Georgian painter, then you will easily guess that we are talking about Niko Pirosmanashvili, also known as Pirosmani. The Niko Pirosmanashvili State Museum was established in Pirosmani’s home village of Mirzaani in 1960 and includes his family house and an exhibition hall displaying some of the artist’s original works and personal belongings.
- The Monastery of St. Nino in Bodbe - Originally was built in the 9th Century. It is one of the major pilgrimage sites in Georgia. Monastery holds the tomb of ST. Nino, the Cappadocian maiden who converted Georgian people to Chtistianity as early as 337 AD. It has a breathtaking view of the Alazani valley and snowcapped Caucasus mountains.
- Sighnaghi – City of Love. It is the prettiest town in Kaheti. Sighnagi orginally was developed in the 18th century by King Erekle II. The defensive walles and 28 towers were built by him against Lezgian invasion. The city has wonderful views over the Alazani valley to the Caucasus beyond. After walk we will have a traditional dinner with workshop, where you will learn how to cook traditional meals. You can also taste traditional candies,with grape juice – Churchkhela and Pelamushi.
A few quick facts:
- Departing: daily
- Departure time: 09:30
- Meeting point: Citysightseeing Tbilisi Office
- Duration: Approx. 9 hours
- Tour does not include admission fee to the house-museum which is optional to visit
Tour price not include:
- Entrance tickets to museum.
Tickets can be booked online with promotions - here or at our office (Meidan sq.)
We wish you a pleasant stay in Georgia. Thank you and enjoy your trip!