Major Kazakh businessmen and representatives of the Georgian government and business leaders met on Monday, June 6 at an investment forum Georgia-Kazakhstan at the Radisson Blu Iveria Tbilisi.
Monday morning, many Kazakh businessmen met in Tbilisi. "There are several hundred million dollars", - joked one of the participants in the investment forum of the two countries. And there was, by the way, right. Organizer of the event, the publisher of Forbes Kazakhstan magazine and Forbes Georgia Armanzhanu Baitasov managed to convince their Kazakh colleagues leave for a couple of days all the cases in the Republic of Kazakhstan, to assess the prospects of work in Georgia.
- I hit on the idea to hold such a forum, when he became co-owner of Forbes Georgia, - admitted Armanzhan Baitasov. - After all, the more contact, the better will be to develop the economy of both countries. Also, I very much hope that a similar Kazakhstan Forbes Club will be in Georgia - a platform for exchange of views in the business circles. I also hope that earn branch YPO (Young Presidents' Organization. - F) in Georgia.
Member of the International Board of Directors of YPO Pascal Gerken and Chairman of Centras Capital Board of Directors Eldar Abdrazakov and during the main panel, and the sidelines were told about this unique organization that brings together 20 thousand. Young executives.
On the prospects of investments in Georgia in great detail he told desantuzamestitel Kazakh prime minister, minister of economy and sustainable development of Georgia Dimitri Kumsishvili.
- Georgia's GDP grew in 2015 by 2.5%. This year, the forecast is 3%, but the economic indicators of the first five months, let me suggest that growth could be i3,5% - said the speaker. - In addition, our country is characterized by zero tolerance for corruption and 23 takes place in the Index of Economic Freedom.
The government, according to Kumsishvili, is unprecedented steps to attract investors. Thus, the state program "Productivity in Georgia" provides for a three-year subsidy on the loan in the event of the discovery in the country of foreign manufacture. Investors who choose to invest their dividends in the development of any enterprise, completely exempt from tax. Another major plus - a free trade agreement with the EU.
- Very well, we develop tourism. In 2016 in Georgia, with a population of 3.7 million people visited 6 million visitors. They brought into the treasury $ 2 billion, but we plan to make an annual 11 million tourists -. Deputy Prime Minister continued. - By the way, growing popularity of Georgia and in Kazakhstan since the beginning of 2016, we visited 12 thousand of your compatriots..
The efforts of the Georgian authorities have led to the fact that last year foreign investors have invested in the economy of $ 1.7 billion - a record for the last 7 years the amount.
- $ 300 million of this amount Kazakh investments. I hope that this amount will increase at least 10 times - said the Minister.
- We are now also being actively attracting foreign investment: MIT and the program, and in the global privatization. We consider the so-called Smart Investors - those that will enable the country to move to the next level - rasskazalpredsedatel Supervisory Board of Directors TOO «RESMI» Kairat Mazhibayev. -So, Being here, we would like to have also considered it as a Smart-investors.
However, the Georgian side has also been set up in earnest. The forum took place three parallel panel discussions on production and trade, energy, transport and logistics, as well as tourism and real estate. The session host has demonstrated specific projects for investment and proved the feasibility of investing.
However, for the Kazakh side, perhaps more convincing words seemed glavyKusto Management Group Erkin Tatishev, who has been working for 11 years in Georgia.
- As an investor, I feel good here. In this country, a very simple taxation (of 6 kinds of taxes) and practiced a VAT refund. In Georgia, qualified staff, low level of corruption, the developed banking system (it resembles the best of times in Kazakhstan STB), - he listed the main advantages. - Of course, there are drawbacks, there are complexities. But on the whole Georgia - this is a great country for work and for pleasure.
The forum was also attended by well-known businessman Bulat Abilov, head of Raimbek Raimbek Batalov, Chairman of the Board of Directors AllurGroup Andrei Lavrentyev and others.
Financial support was provided Kaspi.kz. The event was supported by The Glenlivet brands and Absolut.
Note that, under the MFA of RK, the commodity turnover between the two countries in 2015 amounted to $ 62.4 million (export from Kazakhstan - $ 23.8 million, import - $ 38.7 million).
Kazakhstan supplies crude oil to Georgia and oils, wheat, pasta, of iron or non-alloy steel rolled.
In Kazakhstan imported wine, wort, water, tubes and profiles of iron or steel, nuts.